Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Are two heads better than one?

One of the other things I was so interested in in the Unmapped project was the collaboration of the 2 artists.  I loved the idea of the sketchbook being posted back and forth and was thinking that perhaps that is something T and I could consider, after all, I'll be moving back to Fife this August and we won't see each other so often.

To be honest, the idea of collaborating with other artists is something I have considered, but am not sure  how I would deal with.  In my previous business life, I was identified in a psychometric test as 'Private' in other words, despite the fact that I am seen to be involving others in the decision making process, I've usually made up my mind in advance!

There are 2 students in 3rd year who actually work as a collaboration all the time which I can't quite get my head around - how will that work when it comes to 4th year and degree time?  No doubt they will work it out, and what they do, they do very well.

Jensen/MacFarlane

So T and I have decided to give it a go, to work together to produce a small book with her writing and my images.  We've often talked about how similar some of our themes are  but for this first project, we're starting small and using some of my older Holga images and some of her older poetry.

We'll have to see how this goes, but have already discussed a bigger project based around our joint concern of home - watch this space!


0 comments:

Post a Comment