Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Research to aspire to!

Despite the fact that I usually keep pretty much up to date with my research, with all the things I've been trying to do for the degree show, I had fallen a bit behind so I've been trying to catch up.  I think I do ok with my research, it took me a while to get into it, but not in my wildest dreams do I ever think I could get to the level that Jane Grisewood researches.  I am in awe of this artist!


I want shelves like these!


Awesome sketchbooking!

Of her recording Jane Grisewood says:

Keeping journals and sketchbooks that I cram with writings, drawings and photographs has always formed a key part of my art practice and provide a diary of my work. I am recording through time, repeated observations and thoughts, actions and events, experiments and experiences. My way of working derives from this obsessive and subjective process, which serves as an underlying tool for reflection and a source of material and ideas.
More of her research images are here - I see from her website that she also teaches; I wonder if she teaches other artists how to do research?  If not, she should!




0 comments:

Post a Comment